|Job Title||Experience||Salary Range||Duration||Start Date||End Date||Vaccancies|
|Chief Engineer||15 Years||As per company salary scale||Long-term||21/April/2021||28/April/2021||1 person|
• Contribute to the implementation of DSK/CRUX Policies, standards, norms, and practices ensuring compliance with wider government policies, procedures, guidelines, and operations. Apply and implement IDLG Construction Manual procedures and processes.
• Provide engineering and project management services, apply best practices, standards, and innovative technologies that comply with DSK/CRUX and with IDLG standards and processes.
• Contribute to the analysis of project proposals to enable effective decision-making on project technical feasibility.
• Prepare evidenced-based recommendations for package manager and head office on measures to improve DSK/CRUX facility's suitability to operational purpose, safety, and efficiency of structures and equipment.
• Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on outputs to facilitate informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
• Undertake site visits to project sites and conduct technical assessments of all types of infrastructure projects according to specifications and areas mentioned in the Project description.
• Undertake a review of the preliminary or detailed sub-projects designs (preparing, writing, and assembling drawings, schematics, masterplans, design calculations and reports, technical specifications) and requiring detailed knowledge of the international (and local) standards and codes.
• Develop sub-projects budgets or preliminary and detailed costs estimations to implement civil, structural, electrical, mechanical or special systems within the projects (including feasibility studies, or project schedules, or bids). Work-time estimates could be also required.
• Support package manager with the preparation of Scope of Works, tender packages, tender evaluation, contracting and reporting as directed by the package manager and the management team in Kabul.
• Prepare technical documentation as regard bidding processes for construction.
• Provide technical guidance that supports a successful construction procurement process.
• Prepare and assemble construction contract documentation.
• Attend meetings and prepare and review reports, minutes, and correspondence.
• Liaise with local stakeholders, both government and non-government in the field.
• Undertake administrative tasks as required and provide project management services for the projects where and when requested.
• Provide guidance and direction to contractors and field engineers.
• Supervise construction works, programming, and coordination.
• Review and evaluation of planned and 'in progress' construction projects.
• Establishment and maintenance of project performance monitoring, evaluation, and reporting procedures, up to project completion.
• Prepare and manage financial plans and reports of the sub-projects.
• Assist in the settlement of audits and inquiries (if any), pertaining to a project.
• Assurance of the quality of the works during design and construction.
• Undertake design and reviews (reading, interpreting, and critique/comment on technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports) and giving advice and recommendation.
• Operate computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Preparation and issuance of bi-weekly reports to the Package manager with regards to construction and engineering activities in field.
• Manage and support a team of engineers and a team of social mobilizers on their day-to-day activities in the field and at the provincial office.
University degree in Civil Engineering. A Master's degree in civil engineering will be preferred. Hold or be eligible for Accreditation to “Professional Engineer” or “Chartered Engineer” status, or recognized equivalent by an appropriate national or international regulatory authority (Not necessary but an advantage)
Job title Must be: Chief Engineer
Interested candidates should submit their updated cv to (email@example.com) CC: (firstname.lastname@example.org), (email@example.com)